Now buy Super Quality Rajgira Chikki on RasoiBasket.com! Rajgira Chikki (Amaranth) or Ramdana, as it is popularly known in Northern India is a power house of nutrients. This grain migrated to India from America, and became an important part of our fasting ritual. Rajgira is a good source of calcium, protein and amino acids and is rich in iron, magnesium and Vitamin A, B and C too. This grain, which is only remembered during Navratri and Ganesh Chaturthi, should be included in our regular diet for the numerous benefits it offers.
– Rajgira is the only grain which contains Vitamic C. Along with that it also has twice the amount of Calcium as milk, which helps in reducing the risk of osteoporosis. Include it in your family’s daily diet and keep a check on everyone’s health.
– The presence of amino acids in Rajgira makes it the perfect fasting grain. It is easy to digest and curtails hunger. Consumption of Rajgira during fasts keeps one satiated. Make sure to include Rajgira in the menu, the next time you fast.
– The grain has bioactive compounds which make it anti-allergic. Plus, it is suitable for diabetics because it helps in reducing hyperglycemia. Rajgira acts as a wonder drug too!
– Rajgira is beneficial for people with migraine, because the magnesium present in it prevents constriction of arteries and blood vessels. Presence of flavonoids, and its gluten free nature, is good for people suffering from irritable bowels.
– Rajgira also contains unsaturated fatty acids and soluble fibre, which help in reducing blood cholesterol levels, and make it a heart healthy grain.
Make delicious puri’s, paratha’s and roti’s of Rajgira flour or pop the seeds and make tasty, healthy desserts like kheer and chikki. No matter what you make, always remember to include Kingseed (known as, for the numerous benefits it contains) in your diet.